According to Mohammad Rastad, Shahid Rajaii Port and Imam Khomeini Port are set for development projects in 2018, some of which include:
- No. 2 Container Terminal of Shahid Rajaii Port is going to be fully equipped by September 2018, as scheduled.
- As part of Shahid Rajaii Port development plans, 12 ship-to-shore cranes and 15 rubber-tyred gantry cranes are to be installed, increasing the Port’s container capacity to 5.3 million TEUs.
- The third phase of container development at Shahid Rajaii Port has begun a few months ago. It is expected that 30% of this project be completed this year. Once fully completed, this phase will increase the Port’s container capacity to 8 million TEUs.
- Imam Khomeini Port’s container terminal is another development project for which PMO is seeking investors, both nationally and internationally. According to Rastad, this container terminal will be developed with the aim of increasing the port’s container capacity.
- Over the next two years, PMO has plans for equipping ports with necessary infrastructure for smart port operations